This course will review the concepts related to master planning for process manufacturing in Dynamics 365 for Operations. This will be accomplished by reviewing the unique features associated with master planning in a process manufacturing environment, a review of FEFO and yield impacts on master planning, and a review of how co-products are planned using a planning item and a formula item. The course will then conclude with a real-world example of master planning in a plastic manufacturing company.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS FOR THIS COURSE?
- Review the special conditions taken into account with master planning in process manufacturing
- Review FEFO Date-Control and Yield Master Planning Examples
- Review Planning of Co-Products with a Planning Item
- Review Planning of Co-Products with a Formula Item
- Review Planning of Product in a Real-World Example utilizing a Plastic Molding Manufacturing Facility
0 hrs 42 mins
January 31, 2017
WHAT ARE THE PREREQUISITES TO CONSUME THIS COURSE?
- Have a basic understanding of manufacturing processes
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Completed the Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations courses
- The ability to use Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations for basic processing
- General knowledge of basic navigation within Dynamics 365 for Operations
- Understand general master planning concepts
- General understanding of advanced master planning concepts including explosions, actions, and future messages
- Ability to create a sales order and demand forecast within Dynamics 365 for Operations
- Have a basic understand costing within Dynamics 365 for Operations
- 80877AE Master Planning Essentials in Microsoft Dynamics AX
- 80878AE Intercompany Master Planning in Microsoft Dynamics AX
- 81091AE Batch Orders for Process Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations
- 81090AE Co-Products and By-Products for Process Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations