This Digital Learning course provides students with the tools to configure a Dynamics 365 implementation for Sales and Service. The focus is on the using and understanding how the platform tools that are provided can be leveraged to create and maintain an organizational security structure, create guided business processes, automate tasks, and other specific customizations.
This course helps prepare you for assessment Customization and Configuration in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales and Customer Service.
This course helps prepare you for exam MB2-716: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customization and Configuration.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS FOR THIS COURSE?
- How to successfully configure specific application features such as auto-numbering, data management, and other Dynamics 365 features
- Provide guidance on the designing a Dynamics 365 security model including configuration of Business Units, Security Roles, Users, and Teams
- Using Dynamics 365’s security model to control access to data, features, and functions
- How to create and maintain Business Process Flows that can be used to provide users with a guided path to working through business scenarios
- Look at how to implement and configure a Knowledge Management solution
- Provide an overview of the different processes that are available in Dynamics 365 and when each process type should be used
- Configure Dynamics 365 and Office 365 integration scenarios, such as integration with SharePoint, OneNote, OneDrive, and Office Groups
Duration:5 hrs 3 mins
How to Configure
How to Customize
How to Plan
WHAT ARE THE PREREQUISITES TO CONSUME THIS COURSE?
- A working knowledge of how to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 and/or 2015
It is recommended, but not required, that individuals have completed Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 applications training
Because this training material focuses on customizing database entities, attributes, relationships, and mappings, it is recommended that individuals have a basic understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and relational database functionality